Eastside Recycling Facility, Rotherwas, Hereford.
Owned by Eastside 2000 Ltd, one of the Wye Valley Group of companies, it is the Head Office for Wye Valley Skips, Wye Valley Metals, Wye Valley Demolition and Wye Valley Reclamation. After purchasing the 28 acre brown field site in 2000, they moved in from their St Weonards site during 2005 after developing the site into a dedicated recycling facility incorporating:
- A 30 000 sq ft purpose built, fully covered waste processing facility; itself was a former NHS distribution store dismantled and re-built by Wye Valley.
- Designed and installed two drainage systems to the site, one for trade effluent and the other for storm water. Both pass through oil separators into attenuation tanks (which are 550m³ and 450m³ respectively) before being pumped off site.
- CONSTRUCTED 25 000m² of concrete hard standing to ensure compliance with Environment Agency storage requirements.
- Created the 25 000 sq ft Reclamation showroom.
- A purpose built ‘End of vehicle life’ de-pollution facility.
- Installed a public weighbridge (up to 50 tonne)
- Waste Management License No. EAWML 30391 held Eastside 2000 ltd
This facility therefore offers all existing and new customers a ‘One Stop’ recycling facility for all waste materials. We currently recycle in the order of 200 000 tonnes of material per annum and our strength is our ability to maximize the amount recycling that can go back into the marketplace for sale.
Sigeric Business Park
The Wye Valley Group has now ventured into office management. During 2008 they purchased seven acres of the land and buildings formerly occupied owned by RPC / Rexam. Their new acquisition adjoins the company’s own extensive recycling and reclamation facilities at Fordshill Road, Rotherwas.
The plan is to turn the large and modern buildings into premises for the group's future growth and for other individual businesses to rent.
The new SIGERIC business park has 110 000 sq ft of first class warehousing and office space and if fully utilised has the potential for 200 new jobs.
Lyde wildlife corridor
Nine acres of land; pictured at the top of the page, to the north of the City Of Hereford. We are involved in creating a Broad Leaved Wildlife Corridor by importing, compacting and shaping the land in phases over a 3 year period. The final result will be a woodland walk, picnic area and wetland areas adjoining two existing ponds for use by the public. The works are organised in conjunction with the Environment Agency.
Wye Valley Group nominated charity
One of their most recent achievements is the proud receipt of a ‘Golden Hours’ Merit award from their nominated charity; The County Air Ambulance Trust awarded to the Group for the contributions made by its employees.
"Photographic images. The black and white images have been kindly supplied by Daniel Salter www.dansalter.com"